Peter Walker | 14 Mars 2010| guardian.co.uk|published on Feb 8, 2010|
Haiti’s quake has apparently galvanised the world. Find out how much different countries and organisations have pledged to the aid effort – and how much has actually been handed over.
Tracking the enormous pledges of financial aid and other assistance for quake-stricken Haiti is a difficult business, but the UN’s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
(OCHA) is attempting to do just that. The OCHA has the tricky task of trying to orchestrate the efforts of the dozens of aid agencies either in Haiti or on their way there.
Its list of donors tracks both monetary sums and donations in the form of assistance and equipment, both from governments and corporations. However, it does not cover the millions of pounds of private donations pouring into appeals such as that launched in the UK by the Disasters Emergency Committee – where you can also make a donation.
is probably the best source – it publishes daily totals.
But promising to pay for something and actually doing it are two different things. And while a lot of money has been handed over by governments, there is still a gap in funded projects and promises to do so. We’ve added a new table which shows that.
As some of you have pointed out – the top level figures don’t take account of individual country contributions, ie ships or aid trucks. So, take a look at the Google spreadsheet – that will give you exactly what each organisation or country has donated – look at the ‘details’ worksheet.
Note de la rédaction:
Entre la date à laquelle S.E le president Paul Biya ainsi que les membres de la société civile annonçaient la contribution du Cameroun et les promesses de dons d’une part (fin Janvier 2010), et d’autres part la date de parution de l’article, il est fort possible que le Cameroun n’avaient pas encore envoyé sa collecte ou bien la collecte n’avait pas encore été reçu. Nous nous efforçerons de mettre à jour cette information dès que les dons seront arrivés à destination.
- Initiative : 11 millions de francs cfa pour Haïti Aristide Ekambi (stagiaire) | Vendredi 29 Janvier 2010 | Mutations...
- Foreign Ministers Discuss Haiti Relief and Recovery Efforts Meredith Buel | Washington| 25 January 2010| VOA Talks in...
- Dead U.N. workers were fond of their life in Haiti By Amy Goldstein and Colum Lynch Washington Post Staff Writer|...
- Afrique: «Africa for Haïti» – Les musiciens africains solidaires du peuple haïtien Kpénahie Traoré| 2 Mars 2010| Fasozine (Ouagadougou)| Un concert géant...
- Junior World Cup : 21 Lions to Defend Cameroon in Egypt Alain Wabo published the final list last Saturday September 19....
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.