Cameroon coach Javier Clemente has been criticised by a technical report in the wake of their Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against DR Congo.
The Spanish trainer will meet with Cameroon FA president Iya Mohamed to discuss the stinging censure.
The four-time African champions were surprisingly held to a 1-1 draw in Garoua by the Congolese last week.
“It is clear the team is going through a managerial crisis,” Jean-Paul Akono, a technical committee member, said.
“Immediately after the match ended he took a flight back to his home in Spain.
“We expected him to have held a working session the next morning with other technicians and the players to see what went wrong.
“I think he needs to take up residence here instead of only appearing and disappearing.”
Following the assessment Mohamed said a meeting between the minister, the Cameroon FA and the coach would occur in the coming days.
The 1-1 draw was the second game in charge for former Spain coach Clemente who took over from Frenchman Paul Le Guen after the World Cup.
Clemente blamed the weak showing in Garoua on hot climate, the scare of the cholera epidemic that has swept through northern Cameroon, and the absence of some key players.
- Spanish Coach Javier Clemente Signs Up To Take Cameroon Job – Report Cameroon are about to announce a new coach for the...
- Cameroon Coach To Investigate The Ousting Of Carlos Kameni, Achille Emana And Alex Song Image via Wikipedia Javier Clemente may likely call back the...
- Cameroun-Rdc : Javier Clemente s’explique Javier Clémente sort de sa réserve et annonce une nouvelle...
- Lions Indomptables: Les 23 de Javier Clémente Vs l`Ile Maurice. Liste des joueurs convoqués dans le cadre du match Maurice...
- Lions indomptables : Javier Clemente appelé à instaurer « une discipline de fer » La recommandation a été faite samedi dernier par Michel Zoah,...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.