Lyon star Jean Makoun admits he would be open to a move to England.
The Cameroon international is being linked with a move away from the Stade Gerland as he is struggling to break into Claude Puel‘s starting line-up.
Reports in France claim that Aston Villa and Wolfsburg are leading the chase to sign the 27-year-old.
Speaking to skysports.com about the reported interest, Makoun said: “I have heard about the rumours, I know Wolfsburg were keen to sign me before but nothing happened.
“I am a Lyon player until they tell me I can’t play for them anymore.
“Aston Villa are a very good team. I would love to play in the Premier League like any good player. I want to play there if I am given the opportunity, but I am a Lyon player at the moment so you never know.”
Makoun’s availability looks all the more possible after Puel admitted that it was hard for him to get into his side.
“Since Jeremy Toulalan has returned to playing again in the midfield (after playing in defence), we have a lot of players in that area, and the young players have to get opportunities too.
“The circumstances are quite difficult for Makoun, and we will think about his future during the winter transfer window.”
By Giscard Gourizro|23nd October 2010 | Skysport|
- Tottenham launching bid for Lyon midfielder Jean Makoun II (tribalfootball.com)
- Jean Makoun: Ready for battle A defensive sentinel from the same mould that crafted Claude...
- Ligue 1, OL – Makoun:”On pense à la 2e place” By Clément Razgallah| 4 mai 2010| Goal.com| Lyon a bien...
- Bassong tells Torres: ‘You don’t scare me’ By Darren Lewis| January 8 2010| Mirror Football Spurs defender...
- Lions lick their wounds cameroonwebnews.com| Tuesday 2 February 2010| FIFA.com One of the undisputed...
- Cameroon surprises with World Cup selections Associated Press| Tuesday, May 11, 2010 |Associated Press| Cameroon called...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.