Troy Polamalu is not only an outstanding player — he also possesses outstanding hair, at least in the opinion of Head and Shoulders, which has previously run advertisements with the Steelers safety.
According to a press release, the shampoo company took out a $1 million insurance policy with the massive British reinsurer Lloyd’s of London. The haircare brand boasts that Polamalu’s legendary locks are “so ridiculously full and thick that end to end [his hair] spans 100 football fields.”
Scroll down to see the full press release, as well as videos of two ads featuring Polamalu’s hair.
August 30, 2010 – head & shoulders® announced today that they are taking out a $1 million dollar insurance policy on Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu’s trademark hair. The head & shoulders spokesperson’s iconic mane will be protected throughout the NFL season by the world’s leading insurance agency, Lloyd’s of London.
No other NFL player’s hair has been so recognizable to warrant this first ever type of insurance policy. In fact, Troy’s hair is so ridiculously full and thick that end to end it spans 100 football fields.
“head & shoulders has gone above and beyond by insuring my Samoan locks for a cool $1 million dollars. This reinforces that my full and thick hair is unstoppable,” says Troy Polamalu.
Fans can log on to Troyshair.com to learn more about Troy’s secret weapon, head & shoulders’ Hair Endurance for Men. The website also hosts more information on the insurance policy, a fun interactive experience, and opportunities to win outrageously cool NFL prizes including a Super Bowl XLV VIP package.
Huffpo|31 August 2010| Huffpo|
Related articles by Zemanta
- Troy Polamalu Insures His Hair for $1 Million (blippitt.com)
- Head & Shoulders Insures Pittsburgh Steeler Troy Polamalu’s Hair for $1 Million (stylelist.com)
- Eto’o chases 3 million euro payout from Barcelona Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o has started legal proceedings against Barcelona...
- Super Bowl 2010- Commentary: Million Dollar Baby By Shirea Carroll |Monday, February 8, 2010| Essence.com The Super...
- Nigeria: Obasanjo, Atiku, Kupolokun Got U.S.$74 Million – Okiro Report Daily Independent (Lagos)| 20 April 2010 | Daily Indepedent| Nigeria’s...
- Halliburton – How Abacha, Etete, Others Shared $180 Million – Report Vanguard| April 2010 | Kingsley Omonobi| Abuja — FOLLOWING last...
- Equatorial Guinea: Secret Documents Reveal Multi-million Dollar Shopping Spree by Dictator’s Son cameroonwebnews.com | 21 November 2009 | Global Witness (London) Confidential...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.