goingtomeet.com|7 july 2010|goingtomeet.com|
The Financial Times, in partnership with IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, has launched the 2010 edition of the FT Sustainable Banking Awards, the leading programme recognising banks and other financial institutions for leadership and innovation in integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into their operations.
Now in their fifth year, the Awards come at a crucial time, as the world grapples with the challenge of climate change, the financial and social impact of the global economic downturn, particularly on the world’s poor, and the continued under-supply of basic needs such as food, water and energy.
The 2010 Awards are also launched as the financial industry begins to emerge from the worst crisis since the Great Depression, amid sustained debate over whether the traditional models of banking and investment should shift in favour of more transparent businesses that demonstrably deliver value to society and actively consider environmental impact while adding to the financial bottom line.
Be the first to Write a Comment!
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Global Economic Crisis: The Impact on BRIC Consumer Attitudes Towards Financial Services (prnewswire.com)
- IFC, ALAC Fund invest in Ecobank to strengthen sector (vanguardngr.com)
- Private Equity Firm Global Environment Fund Receives 2010 Financial Times Sustainable Investor of the Year Award (eon.businesswire.com)
- Awards des Banques à Londres – L’Afrique francophone absente Wal Fadjri|7 Juillet 2010|Wal Fadjri (Dakar)| La cinquième édition des...
- Importance of Women Entrepreneurship in Times of Economic Crisis Felix Njoku| 11/12/09 |World Bank Tunis — These two popular...
- La BAD publie une analyse sur la réponse de l’Afrique à la crise (Fr/En) cameroonwebnews.com| 21 Janvier 2010| BAD La Banque africaine de développement...
- 2010 Bet Awards (photos) The Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards were held on 2...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.