| 07/ 3/10 10:08 PM | AP|
BOGOTA, Colombia — Fans worldwide have fashioned replicas of the World Cup trophy out of everything from papier-mache to plastic. But a lawbreaker in Colombia gets top prize for most original material: cocaine.
Airports anti-drug chief Col. Jose Piedrahita says that Colombian authorities found the unusual statue during a routine security check by anti-drug agents Friday in a mail warehouse at Bogota’s international airport.
The 36-centimeter-high (14-inch-high) statue was inside a box headed for Madrid, Spain. The statue was painted gold with green stripes on the base.
Piedrahita said Saturday that laboratory tests confirmed the cup was made of 11 kilos (24 pounds) of cocaine mixed with acetone or gasoline to make it moldable.
Related articles by Zemanta
- World Cup Trophy Made From Cocaine (neatorama.com)
- Cops Find World Cup Made of Cocaine (time.com)
- World Cup replica made of cocaine seized in Colombia (guardian.co.uk)
- World Cup made of cocaine seized in Colombia (telegraph.co.uk)
- Brazil are World Cup bores blasts Cruyff By John Cross | 29/06/10 | Mirror Football| Dutch master...
- Cameroon’s local fans are convinced World Cup has a home in Africa Go2010| Jeudi 3 Juin 2010| Go2010| Memorabilia, hats, pictures, socks...
- Grieving Mandela to skip World Cup opening The Associated Press |Friday, June 11, 2010|CBC| Nelson Mandela‘s 13-year-old...
- Soweto rocks at World Cup concert June 10, 2010 10:52 PM | By Opheera McDoom and...
- Ghana eliminates US for 2nd straight World Cup By RONALD BLUM|26 Juin 2010| The Associated Press| RUSTENBURG, South...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.