Eight armed bandits, September 9, broke into a Roman Catholic College in Douala known as College Chevreul and robbed the reverend sisters in charge of FCFA 15 million and 13 mobile phones.
The incident occurred early morning on Thursday, September 9 at 3 am when a group of eight armed bandits stormed the college located in the Bassa neighborhood and overpowered the reverend sisters managing the school. The bandits reportedly used a ladder to climb into the main building from behind where there is a small banana farm. Once inside the campus, they broke the main door leading to the convent.
The men of the underworld reportedly ransacked the entire convent, breaking all the doors and threatening the sisters at gun point, subsequently hurting one of the sisters. Talking to the press after the incident, the reverend sisters said they were still to recover from the trauma after close to 30 minutes of terror.
Sister Honoree Towada, in charge of the health centre at the school, said they heard a strange noise at about 3 am but thought it was other sisters who were up for the morning prayers.
She said she opened her door only to meet face to face with the bandits who ordered her to give all the money she had or they would kill her. When she said she had no money, they continued to the other rooms until they got to the cupboard where they collected the FCFA 15 million.
Upon receiving calls from the sisters, the forces of law and order arrived on time and nabbed one of the bandits, while the others escaped. The reverend sisters immediately recognised the bandit who confessed that he was one of the gang that carried out the robbery. He is presently helping the Bonanjo gendarmerie to track down his accomplices.
The sisters disclosed that part of the money was school fees paid by the students for the 2010/2011 academic year that is just commencing. They said it also included money for electricity, water and telephone bills.
George Arrey Agbor|Monday, September 13, 2010|The Post|
Related articles by Zemanta
- Old Man Has Now Robbed 11 Banks, Is Being Called The “Geezer Bandit” (rawjustice.com)
- Gun-wielding bandit robs hotel (heraldsun.com.au)
- Foumbot : Des bandits emportent 10 millions Fcfa Robert Nkaké(stagiaire), à Foumbot | Mardi, 06 Avril 2010| Mutations...
- Douala : Des bandits braquent et incendient le domicile d’un avocat Le Jour|Jeudi 29 Avril 2010 | Le Jour| Me Talla...
- Yaoundé : Des élèves du collège “Le savoir “victimes d’attaque cardiaque Le Jour |Vendredi 7 Mai 2010 | Le Jour| Visiblement...
- Nigeria: Obasanjo, Atiku, Kupolokun Got U.S.$74 Million – Okiro Report Daily Independent (Lagos)| 20 April 2010 | Daily Indepedent| Nigeria’s...
- Halliburton – How Abacha, Etete, Others Shared $180 Million – Report Vanguard| April 2010 | Kingsley Omonobi| Abuja — FOLLOWING last...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.